Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 1/3/03

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 1/3/03
Mar 02, 2003, 12:31
Hope you had a good birthday Joolio. Quite a lot this week 'cos did swapsies with mate's who 'have the technology'

So..

Royksopp - Melody AM. On now in fact for that perfect easing into Sunday Feeling. Low key grooves n pleasant head probings

Brain Donor - Too Freud, Too Jung etc....Now lodging itself firmly in the brain.

Nebula - Dos E.p's. Fabulous stoner/psyche rock from masterful three piece

Eternal Elysium - Spiritualized D. Total by chance bargain bin discovery of ace Jap Rock stoner merchants. Really chuffed with this gem

Chains & Black Exhaust - Believe the words of thee mighty Sethman. Fuzz funk and righteous groovement obscurities had me juiced up. Buy the purple Cadillac and go!

Wishbone Ash - No Smoke Without Fire. Courtesy of Oxfam. Nice melodic twin guitar stuff from when they still tinged things with a bit of folk/prog.

Ian O'Brien - Gigantic Days. Is it electronica? Is it nu-jazz? Is it ambient? Dunno but it's good!

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda. £2.99 in HMV as I type! Superb 1969 jazzy funk preludes to the Headhunters period. Loads of super smooth electric piano stuff that makes you wanna lie back and go "Heyyyyyyyyyyy"

The D4 - 6Twenty. £5.99 in HMV now! (Don't work for HMV by the way. Just being a public servant) Cool stripped down Oz rock n roll. Like The Datsuns but less metal more garagey.

Rival Schools-United By Fate £1.99 in...etc! Melodic angst rock (emo p'raps?). Kind of life's cruel but this is a nice guitar bit! A grower. Incidentally, it got me wondering; is antipodean Emo called Emu?

KISS - Rock n Roll Over. Huge crunching dumb metal n' roll from the face paint period. One of my first and fave KISS albums. "Calling Dr Love" Not 'arf.

Amused By Genitals - I Got My Head Stuck In A Pant Vending Machine In Tokyo.

Trans Global Underground - Dream of 100 Nations. Dance/world hybrid by pioneers of that sort of thing

Suv - Desert Rose. Still diggin' this lush latin textured drum n bass thang from Roni Size cohort.

Disco-Drum n Bass - Really got into this. Fab booty shaking rumbles and fumbles for dance floor calamity. A great getting ready to go out album.

Idlewild - The Remote Part. Scottish indie kids really show their Smiths/REM colours on this. Some very instant tunes on it.

The Distillers - Sing Sing Death House. Shouty crashy punk n roll. Wakes you up good n proper.

Death in Vegas - Scorpio Rising. Sinister downbeats and breaks. Not as intense as The Contino Sessions but some lovely atmospheres created by the Indian String arrangements on some of the tracks.

Death in Vegas - Dead Elvis. Much better than I had remembered debut from DIV. A definite grower compared to the more instant menace of the Contino Sessions.

That's me done. Have a nice week folklings
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index