Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03

39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03
Feb 11, 2003, 12:28
Porcupine T - in absentia - definately growing a bit, like 4 trax off it now. Some trax are just too rock for me tho

Low - whatever the album with Sunflower is called - saw them in Glasgow last week and really enjoyed their set (again) Live they're better than anything they've recorded.

Nick Cave - Nocturama - been listening to this on/off the last 4 weeks - still don't rate it as one of his better works. Like "bring it on", but most of the rest are either standard Cave filler fare or worse. Rock of Gibraltar must have the worst set of lyrics he's penned for a while. Putting it on against something like "boatman's call" puts the songwriting and the production into perspective.

Rallizes - Fucked up + naked II - double vinyl, not a great quality recording, only rate 2 of the 4 sides as worth listening - but one track that's really taken me by storm.
- Live 77 played very loud in the car. Difficult to top that one.

Beach Boys - Pet sounds...hang onto your ego

Tangerine Dream Syndicate - Live 2001...drone-y jap mentalness from Tommy Conrad, Joey Conrad and DeeDee Conrad (sic)

Circle - Raiuno mixed album, some that gets me going other bits that are dull

AMT - Magical Power form Mars Vol 1 (good chill) and Vol2 (disappointing)

AMT Pink Lady Lemonade - came in last night to find my 10 yr old playing the riff for this on his guitar with lost of echo and chorus and loving every minute of it - so I had to play the full 60 minute track after that

Hawkwind - Hall of the mountain Grill
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index