Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03

39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03
Feb 09, 2003, 19:52
Inspired by Howdens 'Noah house Of Dread' CD, this week has mostly been in 'Dubwise'...

Big Youth - Dreadlocks Dread.
Maaaaaannn, i haven't heard this in Soooo loooong. everyone in the house is ill with cough's colds, flu, so this cheered up everyone mightily...been played again and again and again.....almost like summers arrived (well with the heat turned right up)

AOA - Emotion Vacation
Psych dub trace space rock thang with EYE from the Boredoms...mightily funky inna all the tracks blend into one another way.A bit like Vision Creation without the guitars.

Warlocks - Phoenix
San Frans answer to BRMC/J&MC, Velvets/Spacemen 3 etc.... mightily varied rock'n'roller rollercoaster with nice chill out bits (Cosmic Let Down is jusr S U B L I M E .

Meat Beat Manifesto - RUOK
New long player from big beats originators (if u believe the hype)...not as good (or Dubby) as earlier outings...more straight on 'dance' S'OK though...still think 'Subliminal Sandwich' is the best one...speaking of which...

Meat Beat Manifesto - Subliminal Sandwich...
Dug this out cos' of the 'newbie release'...much better inna 'electro dub sci fi thudfest'.

Home made reggae/dub compilation (ain't LP minidiscs ace...5 hours worth of top rankin inna dub stylee to troll away the hours whilst dabbling around Mmmmm 'Zion Gate' by I Roy (i think) is just sooo yummy.

HAST.Co - Psychedelisce Musique (Lava Surf Kunst)
Dronetastic guitar loopfest of 'ambient' noise 'out thereness'.

Uncut, Bowie trib Thang...not as bad as i was expecting...Guy Chadwicks rendition of 'Fall In Love With Me' is lush. And Alejadro Escoveda's 'All the Young Dudes' hits all the right buttons. Will have to listen to it a few more times to descide my fav's.

Probably a few others, but that's all i can recall for now.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index