Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03

39 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beebon
1375 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 8/2/03
Feb 09, 2003, 16:45
Hello again!

Well, its not been an overly musically charged week, but there's some stuff, which is:

Les Rallizes Denudes - Studio & Soundboard 1969-1975: This is my forst listen to this band and i am mightily impressed. Completely fucked recordings and i cant really tell what's live and whats done in the studio, dont even know the names of the tracks (track 1, track 2 etc). Really want to hear some more though!

Rocket From The Tombs: More crap quality recordings but i aint complaining, brilliant rawwwk and roll of the stoogified variety.

Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard: Most obviously Sabbath influenced album of theirs, great stuff non the less.

German Oak - German Oak: Not heard this in a while.... mysterious kraut groove funkness.

High Rise - Live: Rock and Roll taken to the extremity of goodness. Love to listen to this now and again :)

Sir Lord Baltimore - Kingdom Come: Another not heard in a while, but a true classic. Kicks the crap out of virtually everything deep purple ever did! ;)

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space: I havent heard these guys since the gig at the eden project last year.... brilliant memories come flooding back of a damn good evening :)

Faust - So Far: Wooooo another i've not put on in a while.... hearing "its a rainy day" again put a stupid great big grin on me chops :)

The Cure - Japanese Whispers: Lent to me by a guy at work and its a pretty good compilation of early 80s singles. Love Cats is great!

Pink Floyd - Soundtrack to More: Weather seems to GRADUALLY be getting a bit better... seeing the last of the winter. This time of year leading into spring often makes me want to listen to this era Floyd. Trully great album sadly often overlooked, though check mr Seth's review (which i am sure loads have already :P)

Can - Ege Bamyasi: Always reveals more upon each listen, even though it's quite simple on the surface. Good in the dark!

Byebye have a nice week

Steve :)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index