England Expectorates arrived!

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Re: England Expectorates arrived!
Sep 20, 2022, 05:01
I know it's been a while since it was released, monarchs have fallen, well, one, but time for my pennies worth, on the album, and possible merchandise ideas?

First off, the second most important thing...on a topic that Dennis Norden would've filed under "The Conversational Colossus that is Cope's Crack", mine was situated on the front of the case, in the 9 o'clock position, so I don't know how limited edition that is, or just the work of the local knuckle dragging postie.

But more important than that...what do I think of the album? Well, on first listen I was like a few of us on here, wasn't sure what to make of it on the first listen, aside from short and not too clear on these near 50 year-old ears, but from the next listen, without any distractions, I really enjoyed it! Unlike Self Civil War, which I loved a bit more as an album, on EE I enjoyed every song, alas I can't stand Einstein, on SCW, but, that album has an amazing first 4 tracks and the rest of the other tracks are great, Einstein just ruins the flow albeit briefly, for me. I feel EE particularly flows well from Lard Ass Of The Year through to I Know What It's Liked To Be Believed, the latter sounding clearer than everything else, unless it's my failing ears again! Favourite song? Hard to choose, because I love most of them, and such an eclectic sounding album, possibly Boris Good Enough, although The Day After The Aberfan Disaster is beautiful, despite the subject material.

Have listened to it a few dozen times and it has me going "WHY WASN'T THAT SONG LONGER?!?" eg Exiled On Hoy, Lard Ass, etc, so that's a good sign, and along with SCW and Drunken Songs, has been a very good period of quality music from our Cope. Hopefully there'll be a tour!

Merchandise? Definitely a t-shirt and vinyl, but I reckon an England Expectorates spittoon, with a target at the bottom, featuring a picture of Boris Johnson looking even more arseholish than usual, in the middle of said target.

Ps. Cunts Can Fuck Off... didn't hear it before the album release... hilarious, think I'll aim it at the local Somerset chavs!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index