England Expectorates arrived!

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hornby Porky
10 posts

Edited Aug 23, 2022, 10:30
England Expectorates arrived!
Aug 23, 2022, 10:27
England Expectorates Arrived this morning! Just finished giving it the first listen too - second listening experience about to start.

Has anyone else’s arrived? Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this one compared to self civil war of which was my most listened to album of the last two / three years after seeing him at St.Lukes Glasgow. For the first time just before lockdown.

He’s amazing live so really pleased that this album has the ‘cunts can fuck of’ song on it! A real highlight of the show!
Will be Beest
10 posts

Re: England Expectorates arrived!
Aug 23, 2022, 12:44
Nope. Not yet, in NZ. Long wait.

Enjoy ????
Makkr
308 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 13:01
My copy arrived this morning, also.

I've only played it once, so far, while tidying up and first impressions are good and that it sounds like an extension of 'Self Civil War' although on second listening I'm a gonna need to check out the lyric booklet more closely.

But, from one spin, I likes it............
drudeawakening
138 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 14:43
Makkr wrote:
My copy arrived this morning, also.

I've only played it once, so far, while tidying up and first impressions are good and that it sounds like an extension of 'Self Civil War' although on second listening I'm a gonna need to check out the lyric booklet more closely.

But, from one spin, I likes it............

Glad the lyrics are in the booklet as loads to unpack and can’t make some of it out.
drudeawakening
138 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 14:45
I really like it. Downloaded it in addition to getting the hard copy so it’s been resonating since Friday. With that foresight it’s definitely a grower so stick with it.

Highlights for me are the title track, Be Believed, Dope and Fuck Off. It’s quite a short album and I believe there is a vinyl release planned at some point due to this fact.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 15:29
Mine turned up today, can't say I'm bothered after the first listen. It may grow on me but finding it somewhat unappealing at the moment.
drudeawakening
138 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 16:03
I reckon you’ll love it after about four or five listens. It’s a grower.
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 16:50
drudeawakening wrote:

It’s quite a short album and I believe there is a vinyl release planned at some point due to this fact.

A vinyl pressing would be good - just wondering, where did you hear/read this?
drudeawakening
138 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 16:54
Pure speculation I’m afraid. I based the assumption on two things: the relative shortness of the album and the slightly severe shortening of the first two tracks, which seem to allude to cutting the running time to suit single vinyl running time. Might be wrong
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 23, 2022, 17:13
I've transferred it onto my phone so will listen again when I'm walking, but genuinely put me in a bad mood on the first listen.

To be honest, a few of his albums have taken a few years to actually get me liking them.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index