Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: England Expectorates arrived!
Aug 24, 2022, 15:10
phallus dei wrote:
bluntlaser wrote:
I know the budget is slim but it would really improve things, at least for me.

I also wish the production was better, and that it wasn't just a one-man band. The tracks to me sound more like promising demos than finished songs. I feel it's reaching back to the pop of Interpreter or even World Shut Your Mouth, but is too stripped down to reach those sugar-coated highs.

Lyrically, it's very much "of it's moment" which makes me wonder if I'll be returning to it much in the coming years. (Self-Civil War on the other hand still sounds relevant.) Some of the tracks attacking BoJo already seem a bit stale. Probably it would have been more invigorating if the album had come out in May or early June. Or maybe if it was just an EP? The album drags a bit for me in places, despite the short run-time.

At the moment I just have the d/l, so probably getting the CD and hearing it on a good soundsystem will improve things.

That's it for me too, really felt like it was a demo tape of half ideas. I felt there was some promise there, but it didn't deliver, and yeah, with the BJ lyrics it's already feeling dated to me so maybe a summer EP would have been better.

I've had a few listens now, I don't think it's going to be a grower for me, hopefully, it will be for others.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index