Unsung Forum »
The Moody Blues

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: The Moody Blues
Feb 04, 2010, 16:08
BTW Did you notice that comment half way down the page...

"I noticed someone commented on a Michael Pinder interview on youtube, that he died in a pickle vat. Is that true?? Great group and great song though!! Thanks for the post"

Oh, the joys of the internet!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 16:21
I have a soft spot for "Nights in White Satin" apart from the fact it's a great song. It was a record I slow danced with Sarah Land, then an object of many a 2nd year boy's desires, to at her house party which led to awkward but blissful snogging and huge cred points at school the following week. It didn't last, but these torrid affairs rarely do.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 16:23
Squid Tempest wrote:
For anyone wishing to aquaint themselves with the Moodys after reading this thread, I can recommend the compilation "This Is The Moody Blues". It's a great double CD set, superbly sequenced (in some ways better than the original records), and it's only £6.48 on Amazon at the moment.

Not really delved into the Moody's so might give that a nibble at some point.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 16:28
keith a wrote:
BTW Did you notice that comment half way down the page...

"I noticed someone commented on a Michael Pinder interview on youtube, that he died in a pickle vat. Is that true?? Great group and great song though!! Thanks for the post"

Oh, the joys of the internet!

hehe! I didn't go to the link as I can't utube here at work.

If one is to believe the Wiki, he isn't dead...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pinder
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: Sapphire and Steele
Feb 04, 2010, 16:43
My gerbil's called Joanna, ifyouknowworraimean...
;-)
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 17:01
Hey! Serendipity strikes. I'd ordered the remaining five remastered cds of the classic seven, and they were all waiting for me at the library this afternoon. A visit to Holland and Barratt was also necessary. I'm gonna kick back tonight and look at the inside from the outside.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2010, 17:51
Feb 04, 2010, 17:50
Ha! Well yes I saw them a few times in the pre Punk era and really liked them. What may suprise you more is that "Coasting" off of "Within Reach" was a Chill Out staple in Ibiza (if only briefly) a few years back. I still see it on a few playlists.

As the Lester Bangs character says in Almost Famous "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool". Don't come more uncool than the "O Band".
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 17:55
The Story in your Eyes from E.G.B.D.F. always makes me go flippityfloppity. Love that album so much.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 18:02
I'll be hearing it for the very first time tonight! I'll pay special attention. Thanks.
keith a
9574 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 20:00
No, didn't know that re the chill out. Bit of a surprise!

I was about to ask if anyone could confirm that they played OGWT. Just googled it and apparently they were on the same ep as Lennon.

http://www.tv.com/old-grey-whistle-test/john-lennon-a-band-called-o/episode/355972/summary.html

Very little information on this site unfortunately. If I find my notes and get the time I should be able to add to that a bit.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index