Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: The Moody Blues
Feb 04, 2010, 15:21
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Never actually met him, although he always tripped quite generously at Christmas.

;-)

Ha ha! Now that was Freudian slip if I ever made one ... but I'm going to be a pedantic, humourless bastard and edit it out.

No need, you didn't put it there in the first place! :-P
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Sapphire and Steele
Feb 04, 2010, 15:23
Oooh me too! Sapphire and Steele was fab. I named my pet gerbils Sapphire and Steele in their honour.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2010, 15:28
Feb 04, 2010, 15:28
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Never actually met him, although he always tripped quite generously at Christmas.

;-)

Ha ha! Now that was Freudian slip if I ever made one ... but I'm going to be a pedantic, humourless bastard and edit it out.

Yeah, just noticed that. Thought it was just another one of my numerous typos .... but if he'd decided to give me LSD instead of money for a Christmas tip, I'd certainly have had no problem with that.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 15:30
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

;-)

Yeah, just noticed that. Thought it was just another one of my numerous typos .... but if he'd decided to give me LSD instead of money for a Christmas tip, I'd certainly have had no problem with that.

Might have made the rest of your paper round a bit more...interesting...
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Back Into The Future!
Feb 04, 2010, 15:31
IanB wrote:

He really should have played a German in Colditz instead of that character that was always getting into trouble with the guards.

Ha! Just strange seeing the word 'Colditz' again.

A popular complaint from many a youth could be heard in High School-

"It's like bloody Colditz here!" ;-o
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

The Moody News!!
Feb 04, 2010, 15:39
Popel Vooje wrote:
This is a trivial aside which has nowt whatsoever to do with their music, but when I was a teen I lived in the same village as Justin Haywayd, and his rather impressive three-storey house was on my paper round.. Never actually met him, although he always tipped quite generously at Christmas.

Every Good (Paper)Boy Deserves Favour

Days of Future Post

In Search Of The Lost Chronicle

(cough)

:-/
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: The Moody News!!
Feb 04, 2010, 15:44
hah!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 15:47
For anyone wishing to aquaint themselves with the Moodys after reading this thread, I can recommend the compilation "This Is The Moody Blues". It's a great double CD set, superbly sequenced (in some ways better than the original records), and it's only £6.48 on Amazon at the moment.
keith a
9574 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 15:49
IanB wrote:

You are not the only one blessed with that gene. I had the same thought listening to The Sweet's "Level Headed" and a couple of Band Called O records yesterday!

This'll surprise you, Ian. I've got a couple of albums by the O Band. Used to like Within Reach quite alot, esp the opening A Smile Is Diamond track.

I was less keen on The Knife. Think I tried to flog it about 20 yrs ago, but no-one would buy it!

Gonna give them a spin later I think.
keith a
9574 posts

Feb 04, 2010, 16:00
Not particularly a fan TBH. Back in the late 70's, my girlfriend of the time had a brother who was a bit of a fan, and she used to play them quite a bit. Seem to re-call thinking some of it was rubbish TBH, but always quite liked Questions.

And that clip was great. They should have carried on in that vein!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index