nasty prog

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: nasty prog
May 07, 2005, 14:56
This is really shooting fish in a barrel...

Maybe Eloy's 'Planets' - I think I still owe my brother a pound for it!

"Mysterious MonARGHleeeth bla bla de prooof!

Be mah guideeeng laight, bee ma truuuth"

Widdly waaa wooo!

Actually I want to listen to it now but I gave it to the Red Cross. Poor buggers.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

May 07, 2005, 15:07
I kind of like Roger DEan, he has done some interesting stuff. Front cover of Osibisa 1st with the flying elephants & all.

and Pavlov's Dog are pretty cool too. Probably depends on whether you can take David Surkamp's Helium vocals or not. Me I like Happy Come Home by VIctoria Williams too.
Pavlov's Dog were ex members of Chuck Berry's backing band apparently. At least some of them. I think the music's pretty cool.
Stevo
NP Jimi Hendrix Xmas Medley
Lugia
970 posts

May 07, 2005, 15:20
I dunno..."Departure..." in of itself IS a classic of Berlin school stuff. It's just that the second half of the album is majorly sub-par. Majorly.

However, I have to concur with Billy..."Gazeuse" makes "Shamal" seem like a breath of relatively unpolluted air. It would have made MY 'top nasty prog' purchase, save that that Tritonus thing really is considerably WORSE than "Gazeuse", if such a thing can be imagined without ones' head exploding.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: ELP
May 07, 2005, 15:42
Tarkus sounds pretty dead to me. The version of the track on that Manticore live sampler was pretty cool but the studio lp just like totally sucked. To me anyway.

I do like the NIce's first couple though.
Stevo
Np Yes Yessongs Heart of THe Sunrise
(god Jon Anderson sucks dunne?)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Holdsworth
May 07, 2005, 15:43
"..anything with allan holdsworth on should be attacked with the rough end of a pineapple.."

Allan Holdsworth is a great guitarist (another one from yorkshire), one of the best, although lots of the material he's played on, isn't the best setting for him.
The best album featuring Holdsworth is Ian Carr's "Belladonna" from 1972 .
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: don't knock topo
May 07, 2005, 15:47
I'm glad 'Tales....' and 'Relayer...' floats your boat Mr.Milk!!
But for me they are Prog at it's worst !!
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

May 07, 2005, 15:55
NO! he doesn't Stevo. xx
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Giger Counter.....
May 07, 2005, 16:04
Remember the fuss that 'penis landscape' picture on the DK 'Frankenchrist' album ??

There could be other things afoot......

http://www.livejournal.com/users/pfarley/69038.html
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

May 07, 2005, 17:03
totally does and I have witnesses.
BIg moose, probly bigger. Think of the biggest moose you ever saw and exponentiate. That might give you some idea of Mr Anderson's suckdom.
Methinks anyway.
& why did his balls never drop? Rather strange at his age innit?
Stevo
Np James Booker Organ Funk
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 15, 2012, 19:44
May 07, 2005, 17:22
Agreed with all your other nominations LL, but I think you're missing the point with "Ceremony". It's a first-rate comedy album. Remember listening to it on acid once and laughing my tits off throughout the whole thing. Approach it on that level and it's an unsung masterpiece. It must have been one of the inspirations behind Spinal Tap's "Stonehenge".
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index