nasty prog

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: nasty prog
May 07, 2005, 18:57
Alas! I have no record player. I'm sure I could find it on soulseek if I felt sufficiently masochistic.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

May 07, 2005, 19:00
LOL!!

you're dead right !

>:-D
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

EEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!
May 07, 2005, 19:05
>triumvirate - illusions on a double dimple
good cover though

aaaargh...that thing with the mouse on the cover....it's all coming back now.....shit!....I've not brought my kit for P.E. again....I'll have to wear those big shorts again and be the clown on the 'all-weather pitch'...

8-[
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: don't knock topo
May 07, 2005, 19:21
I remember frequently hearing "Tales From Topographic Oceans" emanating from my brother's bedroom as a nipper. He is now serving a 10-year sentence in Parkhurst for child abuse, at my instigation.

Prog revival / rehabilitation? Nein danke. Overall, that would be about as welcome a development as the Tories being re-elected IMO. (Not that a lot of what came after the great purge of 77 wasn't equally shite, mind - anyone remember Chelsea? The UK Subs?)

Gotta admit, VDGG and Man definitely had their moments though. Were the Groundhogs prog? I'd spare them the firing squad too. I also like early Hawkwind (prior to Lemmy leaving) but to me they were more psychedelic than progressive.

Worst prog record I ever heard? Would have to be that It Bites album with "Calling All The Heroes" on it (can't even remember the title, it was that bad).
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Holdsworth
May 07, 2005, 19:28
potaato!

:-D
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

'hogs....'wind
May 07, 2005, 19:51
"Were the Groundhogs prog?"

They were certainly 'Prog' on tracks like 'Earth Shanty' from the Hogwash album, Arp synths, Mellotrons etc

As for Hawkwind, first 'proper' group I saw ( january 1975), and the sound almost liquidised my 14 yr old intestines as I was smack in the centre of the front row........brainstorm?.....more like gutstorm!!
Zos
389 posts

Re: My Lord!!.....
May 07, 2005, 20:17
Have I committed some terrible faux pas? I honestly think they're very similar in feel - as is some of the other Pierre Henry stuff that I've heard - 'the Futurama theme tune' excepted, of course. ;o)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

May 07, 2005, 20:28
"Have I committed some terrible faux pas?"

Zos, not at all mate.....just that I know how much our Lord loves those two Wahkevitch albums...as I do too!

I've never heard that Spooky Tooth one....

Spock's Beard - now that IS bad shit innit ?!!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

oops! see below!
May 07, 2005, 20:29
:-)
Zos
389 posts

May 07, 2005, 20:38
Aha, didn't notice that LL made the post about Ceremony! It's all clear now. I hope I haven't put anyone off checking out Igor Wakhevitch by the comparison ;o)
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index