Unsung Forum »
nasty prog

Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: nasty prog
May 08, 2005, 18:44
Surely it'd be easier to list the exceptions to the shit rule!!

I like Gentle Giant, but that's about it. Otherwise... horrible nasty stuff!!
keith a
9573 posts

May 08, 2005, 18:46
Don't think I've ever heard it. I could listen to CTTE and the Yes Album, but as for Relayer. Urgh!!

Liked the cover, though ; )
keith a
9573 posts

Re: don't knock topo
May 08, 2005, 18:48
Doctor for Mr Milk, please!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 09, 2005, 01:14
Ha! Very strange you should mention Whakevitch. Like JT says, I've been getting off on those albums quite heavily the past year or so, and recently shared copies with JT! I think they're waaaaaay better than the Pierre Henry/Spooky Tooth album though, and show up even more starkly that the electronics/rock combination can be done better. Henry's solo stuff is pretty brilliant though.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 09, 2005, 01:19
I miiight try listening to it on laughing acid, then. Gotta get some kind of value for money out of it. Heheh.

If I remember rightly the sleeve notes to the CD that I've got has some interviews with those involved, and they themselves all say it's a pretty shit record. Ha!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: shamal
May 09, 2005, 01:28
Think I've still got the Pavlov's Dog album lurking somewhere. Why? Did you want it?

I never got as far as 'Gazeuse!' I realised after getting burned by 'Shamal' that my cut-off point was the Radio Gnome Trilogy and I was not gambling on any more post-Allen Gong stuff. Shame really cos I do really like the album cover on 'Gazeuse!'
http://www.enter.net/~rainsong/gazeuse.gif
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 09, 2005, 01:29
Hmm. I'll dig out 'Departure' again one day and see if I can get anything out of the first side at least.
Lugia
970 posts

Re: shamal
May 09, 2005, 02:48
"Gazeuse!" was another of those import super-burns that I have unfond memories of. However, Moerlin's chart "Percolations" does sort of salvage one corner of the album, even though the rest of it is sooper-crapulescent. It's about as un-PHP as it gets...shouldn't even be called 'Gong', really, and if I remember right it was after this album that Moerlin started calling his outfit 'Gong II'. Must've been more than a few angry customers...
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

H.R. Giger and The Osmonds
May 09, 2005, 11:51
I think Giger could have done a great sleeve for the 'Crazy Horses'.
I'm Serious!

:-D
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

percolations ?
May 09, 2005, 12:00
I remember a track which featured vibraphone and xylophone a lot, in fact I can remember this track quite clearly to this day and it could possibly sit well on an album by Tortoise today.
Was that the track-'Percolations' ??

The rest of the music was very bland.
I agree with LL about the cover art- very nice.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index