Re: Negative Reviews/censorship
Jul 12, 2004, 12:30
yeah
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Re: Sung/Unsung?
Jul 12, 2004, 12:54
Is it cos they are known as The London Suede in the US?
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

censorship
Jul 12, 2004, 13:20
there's been a lot of cries of "no censorship" in this thread. it's not an act of censorship to say "this piece of writing isn't what the head heritage website is looking for". people are entirely free to post their reviews to other places on the internet. like the amazon reviews section, for instance, where I believe certain unsung reviews appear in any case. or on your own website, should you have one (and if you don't you're always free to start one). its not an act of censorship to say "julian cope is not prepared to pay for this particular piece of your writing to be available online". is mr. cope supposed to pay for everything we want to say? these cries of "censorship" are a completely bogus argument.
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: cave music
Jul 12, 2004, 13:23
remember you started being rude by calling 'the people who run this site pedantic' and those who talk about music you never heard of 'spouting out pretentious bollocks'

bye!

(and dont forget to check this pedantic and pretentious site from time to time when you finally see it provides a good alternative to the nme)
Father Sky
Father Sky
323 posts

Rock n Roll is an attitude
Jul 12, 2004, 13:25
Don't get hung up on genre subdefinitions!

Rock n Roll, as used on this site, seems to me to be more of an attitude and way of thinking which a broad spectrum of music encompasses. Listen to some of Julian's AOTMs. The best Unsung reviews are pointers to other such hidden beauty, albums with similar attitudes.... Rock n Roll!
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

gnostic rock'n'roll
Jul 12, 2004, 13:34
...is what unsung's about, surely. the shaman in rock'n'roll. I mean, the front page of unsung is dominated by a huge picture of Odin, the archetypal shaman. this, I feel, is how people who are in doubt as to what the "rules" of unsung are can find a definition of what makes a piece of music suitable for inclusion in these hallowed (und gallowed) halls. can the person who made the music be convincingly argued to be a modern-day shaman (be that unconsciously or consciously)? is the music potent to alter your state of consciousness? is it *USABLE* in a shamanic/meditative context? does it put you in touch with the living, breathing *OTHER*? is it wild and barbarian?
alan lake soon
349 posts

Re: censorship
Jul 12, 2004, 13:35
...and we pay for 'mr cope' by buying his CDs etc. This site does also - let's face it - act as promotion for JC's activites, no?

Don't see that paying has anything to do with it. And I'm not really sure in what sense this is 'Julian Cope's' site. As I've said somewhere above, it wouldn't be much of a site without its contributors. As such, this My Gaff, My Rules thing irks me
lordsitar
257 posts

Re: gnostic rock'n'roll
Jul 12, 2004, 13:43
dont beat around the bush
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

Re: censorship
Jul 12, 2004, 13:49
I wasn't trying to get involved in any of that, really. I was just pointing out that it isn't censorship. that's not the right word.
TomBo
TomBo
1629 posts

Re: gnostic rock'n'roll
Jul 12, 2004, 13:50
;) I know, I shouldn't mince words.
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index