56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Re: reply
Apr 29, 2007, 22:46
JohnDee007 wrote:
But, you did ignore them Andy, you were to scared even to get out your camera and supply a few pics of these evil doers.

I was gonna say that aswell. Hypocrisy, cowardice, lotsa words, lotsa anger, lotsa personal unresolved stuff. Not good. No real difference from the nazi freaks and similar angry groups, whatever their guises. ...And I know wot y' mean about the reality of such fruits visiting old stones and stuff, but such folk visit everywhere, live in our towns and streets, visit our churches, supermarkets, pubs, clubs, everywhere. My point about NOT bringing it up here is simply to keep the politics of these voices away from here. I hoped we were better than that.

A coupla years back (true story) me 'n' my girlfriend went into a bar late one night, only to walk straight into a BNP meeting. My girlfriend nervously pulled at the back of my jumper, urging us to walk back outside; but having a smiley feeling in my general being at the time, decided to go sit amidst them and ask (acting with the air of naievity to them) if I could sit with them. Their initial "What the f*ck d' you want?" was abated by various simple communicative queries as to their stance, acting as if I was interested. To cut a long story short, one of the fellas no longer has owt to do with the BNP or their ilk and one other fella stopped going to their meetings and speaks to 'paki's' as they so eloquently describe Asian folk. Their arrogance and anger was re-directed and moved into their sources...though with a lot of effort on their behalf. But at least communication can work (sometimes).

A good job done, I thought afterwards. But I'd still rather keep such issues off a megalithic forum. But - Hey, who am I to say...
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index