Avebury »
NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
andygreyweather
94 posts

NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY
Apr 21, 2007, 19:38
A neo-Nazi white-supremacist rally took place in the SE quadrant of Avebury today complete with drums and flags ... please write to the National Trust about this, in fact anyone, even The Sun ... I'm stunned that this was allowed to happen ...

Himmler's interest in the Occult and the fact that he had stone circles built in Germany in the 1930's and indeed, the whole Nazi racial purity trip screwed up rational main stream interest in our European heritage for thirty years.
jimit
jimit
1053 posts

Re: NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY
Apr 21, 2007, 20:16
That is appalling. Grrrrr. Any photos taken?
Jim.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Apr 21, 2007, 20:28
Astonishing, but was this actually 'allowed' to go ahead or did the Neo-Nazi group just walk into the circle and do their rally without the National Trust knowing anything about it beforehand?
slumpystones
769 posts

NO GOOSE-STEPPING AT MEGAMEET !
Apr 21, 2007, 20:52
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Truthfully disgraceful, my complaint emails are flying as I type this...
andygreyweather
94 posts

Re: NO GOOSE-STEPPING AT MEGAMEET !
Apr 21, 2007, 21:22
I let the National Trust know as soon as I saw what was going on (the drums, flags and goose step gave a little away).

I doubt Fleet Street will understand how significant this is ... or indeed the NT ... the Goose Stepped into Avebury without informing the National Trust.

Was it a belated Hitler birthday bash? An early St George's knees up? If this had been Stonehenge I suspect CNN would've picked the story up.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Apr 21, 2007, 23:00
Did anyone get photos? That would mebbe attract media attenton, but then, you don't really want to go giving the idiots any advertising . Maybe best just to try and get NT to put a firm bar on such pseudo-political juvenile posturing*, but would that then leave them open to putting the kaibosh on other more palatable forms of meeting?

* With a possible exception being made for re-enactments of certain incidents involving stones, scissor-wielders and gravity?
Wild Wooder
216 posts

Apr 22, 2007, 09:33
Good idea to complain to the NT, but I would just mention that I wrote a bitter letter of complaint to them once after a TV play showed an idiot riding a mountain bike up and down the banks at Avebury. That event was discussed here too. I wrote as an NT member but have never had a reply!
andygreyweather
94 posts

Apr 22, 2007, 09:51
I believe we've had this happen before in Avebury ... I'm unsure about the law allowing political meetings on NT land ... what next?

So what should we do? Turn a blind eye to such goings on and hope they go away?
Wild Wooder
216 posts

Apr 22, 2007, 10:17
Perhaps the pathetic litte twats crave the oxygen of publicity. I agree NT need telling and perhaps the police, although what would they be able to do after the event? The problem is that Avebury is wide open, thank goodness, so anyone can turn up and do their thing. I find it unsettling that a possible confusion exists in twisted minds between our glorious and mysterious megalithic past and the perversion of archaeology and history that went on under the nazis.

Is there any contributor here who has an understanding of the legal position?
edmundson
3 posts

Apr 23, 2007, 16:47
who said they where NeoNazis? Did you even speak to them?
I was there and I did. Infact the group was a pagan group who worshipped Woden, and where taking part in a blot to Sigurd the Dragon slayer, to coincide with georges day.

you should get your facts right first, before slating what you dont know about.

fool.
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index