NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wysefool
wysefool
107 posts

Re: NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY
Apr 28, 2007, 15:01
Hmmm. The last time our local peace lovers met any 'Odinists' was at Wayland Smithy a fair few years ago during the summer solstice.

These ones must have been different from the Avebury lot as they were dressed predominately in black, all male (fuelled up on god knows what) and declaring themselves to be 'Odinists' (Although i'm sure there are always people who declare themselves to be part of a group without actually being part of that group... i diverse....). The interruption of some bizarre ritual cost a very good friend of mine a hospital visit for a line of stitches on his skull, care of a very large Maglite and involved most people running for their life. It also cost them most of the glass of their Bedford CA being stoved in with baseball bats and some very innocent and frightened kids counting their lucky stars.

Thankfully the following year was not blighted by any incident, but many of my friends still refuse to go back there.

Wayland being a Teutonic name given to the 'Neolithic tomb', probably by some Anglo-Saxons a mere 4000+ odd years later is no literay justification for them using the site. The place has nothing to do with any Teutonic, Anglo-Saxon, Woden, Odin, German, English, Celtic or Psuedo Bronze Age movement that exists - it's a new stone age tomb. They should read more books (and watch less telly? :-| ), or study a calendar every now and then (and learn some chronology).

I guess I feel the same for Avebury. It's got nothing to do with Odin.

I agree that anyone should be allowed to worship privately (even publicly) in their own way. I'd love to see Buddhists, Christians (OK unlikely), Muslims (OK possibly even more unlikely) and any faith come to the place. Its what they 'bring' to the place that's important. Actions speak louder than words, so as long as they didn't actually 'do' anything, then let them not be judged. But I certainly feel the little red flags of warning waving in my mind...... but then I would, because i saw the stitches in my friends head, and I saw the broken glass on the floor of the van, and I saw the faces of my freinds kiddies.

Wysefool
(off to sit in a tree and chat to the big old fella casting runes)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index