NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY

56 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: NEO-NAZI RALLY ALLOWED TO GO AHEAD IN AVEBURY
Apr 28, 2007, 19:24
Once upon a time in Ireland a faction of the Christian church didn't have anywhere to practice their faith and so the moved to the fields and worshiped at stones known as mass rocks. As soon as it was legal to be a Catholic they quickly abandoned tis practice, bought land and built more 'appropriate' temples.

I've often wondered why modern pagans don't do similar. Surely one great way to show that you're serious, both to other people and to your gods is to dedicate the time and resources to erecting a temple yourself. I am amazed that more hasn't been done in this way. I have nothing against people having ceremonies at sites unless they leave litter or stop other people enjoying the place - and by this I mean things like telling folks to piss off from public places and getting aggressive because there's a ceremony on or something ... and I've had this happen.

I'd love to see some new Oak groves planted or new stone circles built if that's what folks want to do. The modern ones built throughout Wales for the Eisteddfods etc are great (as long as it's made clear that they're modern and why they were built.

So, come on all you pagans. Do some lovely temple building.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index