169 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Megameet Picnic
Aug 08, 2006, 12:01
nigelswift wrote:
Actually after you left, probably, I did shout Oi! in best schoolmasterese at a bloke that started climbing one of the Cove stones, though i was pretty frightened, I grant you.

YOU were frightened? Scared the beJAYsus out of me, too! ;o)

moss wrote:
The only person who did turn up with a stick was Goff, who had hurt his knee, I think from dancing the night away before.

Hahaa! Hardly. Although, coincidentally, I did do my OTHER knee in a few years ago in a dancing-related injury. But that's for another time...

And to echo what you (Moss) said: A big thank you to Littlestone for raising this in the first place (and, of course, for the delicious sake!), and to Jane for picking the date!

And yes: We ARE all lovely people! Despite what some might think... ;o)

Littlestone wrote:
Think I'm going to have to join Heritage Action though (want one of those square badges Nigel was wearing 'cause they look official, and with sticks like goff's (sorry to hear about your knee by the way goff) we could spend all day shouting at stone-climbing thugs

(Thinks: Hmm... Heritage Action walking stick mounts...)

nigelswift wrote:
There's another possibility for a get together if anyone's interested - open days in September at the Durrington Walls/ Stonehenge Cursus digs.

Sounds good to me! And another plan of mine is a Dorset meet sometime soon. There's a few sites I've wanted to see in Dorset that I've never got around to finding, and it'll be a good excuse to get Texlahoma and Snuzz out again!

Anyone fancy a Dorset meet?

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index