Megameet Picnic

169 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Megameet Picnic
Aug 08, 2006, 08:03
We sat amongst sheep pats and stones and after all that stick waving talk from Littlestone and Nigel, they were as meek as the sheep around and did not attack the general public (who were there in abundance) for maltreating the stones.

Chuckle... nah, we were just sussing each other out ;-) and I had me back to the stones so couldn't see any vandalistic goings-on :-) Think I'm going to have to join Heritage Action though (want one of those square badges Nigel was wearing 'cause they look official, and with sticks like goff's (sorry to hear about your knee by the way goff) we could spend all day shouting at stone-climbing thugs :-) Noticed a bit of purple graffiti on one of the recumbent stones in the south east sector by the way - it's a couple of inches long and looks like paint.

Just while I'm thinking about it, anyone planning to go to Avebury and park at the Red Lion might be surprised to see the new pay-and-display machine there. From memory it's £1 for an hour, £5 for 24 hours. That's not as bad as it sounds because the Lion will reimburse the parking charge if you spend more than £5 in the pub or restaurant.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index