Megameet Picnic

169 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Megameet Picnic
Aug 07, 2006, 19:51
Oh, and concerning Saturday, no-one's said yet how wonderfully nice everyone was...

Ditto.

Sorry I didn't get too talk much with you and jimit, oc, and a couple of others, but it was a bit of an icebreaking thingy for me. I just want to say though that you're all reallylovely :-) and it was an honour to meet people who know a trillion more things than I do about stony things and yet can sit round in a circle and share their knowledge and experience without arrogance or pretence.

It was lovely meeting Nigel at last and, going clockwise, Mr and Mrs goff who seemed to radiate kindness (thanks for that delicious slice of quiche Mrs g :-), Gerald of course, Moth and Jane (keep and drink the sake like white wine guys :-), treaclechops, jumaei and friend, the gentle moss and her gentle dog, and ric and Allan (apologies if I've missed anyone). Reckon we should do it again next year - how does Saturday, 6 August sound as a provisional?

Took a stroll around Avebury after leaving the Meet and noticed something I'd missed before - no doubt it's already been written about but I'll stick it up under a separate thread later. Stayed at Mrs Dixon's B&B again (top of the hill at Avebury Trusloe overlooking Silbury) on Saturday night and can really recommend it. Stayed with my brother in Pewsey on Sunday night; they live in a 17th century cottage with a well in the kitchen that yields one of the most delicious waters in the world. Their resident spectre made another appearance about 4am this morning :-( I really do not believe in this kind of stuff but when something's knocking at your bedroom door at that time of day/night it makes you wonder...

A lovely weekend - thanks to everyone for making it even lovelier.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index