Megameet Picnic

Pages: 17 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Megameet Picnic
Jan 11, 2006, 22:53
Anyone up for a Megameet Picnic in Avebury during the summer? Totally informal, just turn up with food and drink, chat with others (or not). A short sound-blast on your favourite Megatopic if you want :-)

Top of Waden Hill overlooking Silbury might be a good place as it's off the tourist track and only about 30 minutes walk from the main Avebury car park (half that from the Avenue). There's a photo of the spot at http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6094/1623/400/Silbury%2024.jpg Windmill Hill might also be a good place, though a bit further to go (and a bit more windy :-)

Could let the Portal people and the Stones List folks know as well - just a thought, could be fun.
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Re: Megameet Picnic
Jan 11, 2006, 22:55
Definitley count me in! Just the excuse I need to browse to Ryanair.com :)
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 22:59
Yep - love to.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Checking my diary
Jan 11, 2006, 23:02
Far too busy what with the Durrington Walls dig in its 3rd year and at least 4 digs around Avebury and the begining of the Silbury debacle, sorry rescue plan, and the massive Stonehenge thi (I don't think I should ave said that!)
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 23:18
Saturday 24 June?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 23:21
Other than the 10 June, when I hope to be in Callanish for a few days, I'm free for the summer :-)
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Jan 11, 2006, 23:25
Avebury will be in lockdown for the Solstice then.
Solstice is on a wednesday this year so the 'Revellers' will be haunting Avebury for a fortnight.
August during august school hols will coincide with some of the digs, just a fought...
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Jan 12, 2006, 00:37
I never had you down as a dastardly type, Littlestone, but honestly - you wait until I go out of the country and then call a gathering of the Clan? Low, my friend, very low...... :-)

I hope it comes off: it sounds great - I will be there in spirit, anyway (I do a very good ethereal gatecrasher impersonation). Personally, I think Windmill Hill would be the better choice.

Peace

Pilgrim

X
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jan 12, 2006, 11:50
> Other than the 10 June, when I hope to be in Callanish for a few days

LS! I shall see you there! Mrs G and I are fully booked up and raring to go - can't believe it's 5 months away though... :(

You MUST make yourself known - I'm sure I'll stand out... ;o)

Other than that - Avebury's only an hour or so away for me, so I'm sure we'll make pretty much any date... Be good to meet you at last!

G x
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Jan 12, 2006, 11:54
Solstice time? No way.
Pages: 17 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index