This topic is locked

168 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Graffiti at WKLB.
Apr 07, 2005, 17:27
What a bizarre thread - having just waded thru.

FWIW, I have no problems with your beliefs Mike.

I DO have a problem with ANYONE chalking ANYTHING on prehistoric monuments (or defacing or damaging them in other ways). So, did you do it? And do you see why you shouldn't - again whatever the medium or symbol you use?

For this forum, the whole swastika thing is a kinda side issue I guess, but incidentally, I agree with the peeps that say that the swastika has been tainted for ever by the nazis (and I REALLY don't think many/any here think you are one!)

So no matter what its (actually reasonably well-known to most people here) positive meanings, MANY people are always gonna find it offensive. So it seems to me that it's not a good choice of symbol to hang your whole 'philosophy' (for want of a better word) on.

So did you chalk or have you ever chalked anything on ancient monuments? If so, will you please not do it again because it can (maybe subtley) damage them, it disfigures them (albeit pretty temporarily) and many people find it offensive - esp if it's a swastika.

I think everyone'd be reasonably happy if you said that you will never take any chalk to a monument or mark or deface one in any way - whether you have in the past or not. How about it? A straight answer'd be nice.

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index