Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Dec 16, 2014, 16:34
Re: Jeez
Dec 16, 2014, 15:45
"EDIT Sorry, this is meant to be on the other forum"

Never mind. Here's my 2p worth.

I don't get the mentality that could do that, you're right, it's sick.

If by some miracle, we all went to bed and tomorrow awoke with no recollection of religion or capitalism, in my naivety, I'd like to think the world would be a better, more tollerant and caring place.
My wife has other opinions for someone usually so chipper. She said we'd just invent new ways to hate each other. She's probably right.

When we hit the new Millem 14 odd years ago, I was really hopefull that it could be a new start, a fresh beginning etc... i was quite upbeat about everything, but pretty much, from day one, it's been a fairly steady decline into hell. WTF is wrong with our species. Someone, somewhere has hit the self destruct button, and much like the end of Alien, we're all fucked.

On a very uniformed level from me, I can't help but view Islam as inhabiting the same psychic space Christianity was in the 14th Century/Crusades time period. It's having a crisis of conscience. It doesn't understand how it's frankly backward ideology fits into the 21st century, so it's going on the offensive, to convert as many 'others' as you can, if that's by force, then so be it, then they don't have to deal with all the awkward ideological questioners from outside. Except these days, instead of horses, swords and siege engines, we've got bombs, rockets, tanks and machine guns....a bit more effective in wiping out the voices of descent, and supressing the weak and helpless.

I imagine Iron Age Britain was much the same. Petty factions fighting over sovereignty of 'others', their land, beliefs and resorces.

Now, in the 'West', we have no idea how to retalaite to Islam or the petty factions operating within it. Or any other regime that differs from our own Western view. Contrary to what our wonderful leaders would have us believe, they don't believe in God or state anymore, they are all pretty much out for what they can get whilst they are in office. In the West, democracy doesn't really exist on any meaningful day to day level other than for us to decide what to, or not to consume (V simplistic I know, but that's what I believe). So, the only 'weapon' the West have to fight back against anyone viewd as 'other' is capitalism and all the vested interests that involves. And by golly, anyone wants to get in the way of that had better have a good excuse, cos' we're gonna bomb the fuck outta ya to defend our capitalist rights. They've convinced us these liberties they allow us need to be 'defended' by these military means, whilst at home, we huff and puff about bedroom tax and food banks, but really do nothing about it. We should be hanging these meaningless cunts from the nearest lamp post, but we won't, and it'll all end in tears (again). When we blindly accepted globalisation (hey, cheaper shit to buy!) we pretty much sanctioned our own modern form of 'slavery' to come into being. And it is every bit as horrific and degrading and causes every bit as much suffering and misery as anything the Taliban inflict on the general populous, except, and I apologise for it's blitheness, ours is a meaningless slow decline into nothingness, peppered with gadgets. At least the Islamists have the deranged world view that they are doing it for a higher cause. Not just fucking over your fellow man, which in fact of course they ARE doing as well, they're just to dim to realise it.

Phew that was heavy, where is that can of coke ;)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index