Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1706 posts

Re: Jeez
Dec 19, 2014, 09:56
billding68 wrote:
This will make me more unpopular but hey ,,
Islam is a religion that not just advocates violence but rewards it with paradise. Those involved in it either participate or silently agree with it evil practices. Sure Christianity has had its inquisitions and what not but to behead or rape children as an condoned part of your belief system is nothing short of vile. I don't know what can be done to stop this but something needs to happen

First of all, the kids and teachers that were murdered in the Pakistan school attack were Muslims. Their grieving parents are Muslims. So to turn this into an anti-Muslim thing seems insensitive at best.

Second, Islam means peace. It's a peaceful religion at least as much as Christianity is. Yes there are those who use both religions to condone murder and genocide. From the Crusades to the First World War, many Christians went into battle believing that if they died fighting the heathen / defending their country they would go straight to Heaven. I'm sure plenty still do.

We are not necessarily more civilised because we are Christians, or even because we are Atheists, but because we live in a comfortable, well-off, politically stable part of the world that orchestrates its power games elsewhere.

Yes the Taliban are evil, vicious, fundamentalist bigots. Fundamentalist = dangerous lunatic whatever belief you're espousing. But most of their victims are ordinary Muslims who don't share their extremism, and are killed or beaten or jailed or oppressed as a result.

the Muslim 'community' can't control the Taliban but the vast majority would love to see them become history as soon as possible. They're the ones suffering, not glib white westerners.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index