5373 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2014, 18:44
Re: Jeez
Dec 18, 2014, 16:59
Astralcat wrote:
Hunter T Wolfe wrote:
Mr Sals wrote:
Bizarre.

I am so fucked off with the world in general, the same as yourself, i wrote a rant in the form of a letter to the human race this morning outlining a hell of a lot you have voiced. There must be something in the air today.

One of my paragraphs was - "Why do I find myself living in a world where greed, hatred, torture, consumerism, dumbing-down, celebration of lack of intellect, racism, sexism, inequality, wilful negligence and ineptitude, general intolerance, blind ignorance….I could go on for paragraphs…. are accepted and, in many cases celebrated and worshipped, to the detriment of ourselves. Where do go from here except mutually assured destruction."

We are truly monsters, and absolutely fucked. We deserve to go the way of the dinosaurs.

And here's Bob with the weather.........

While it's very tempting to agree with you whole heartedly, I can't think "the human race are monsters, we deserve to be wiped out" after the terrible news from Pakistan, or any similar atrocity.

I have to believe that the human race is worthwhile, and that we can be capable of goodness, kindness, inspiration, brilliance, not just laziness, aggression and cruelty. Otherwise why bother? Why value human life at all? Why care about the children killed, they'll all grow up to be monsters too, right?

Thankfully in my everyday life I see enough evidence for people being decent and worthwhile to make it worth carrying on; and to make it worth grieving and raging over despicable acts like these, rather than completely despairing.

Absolutely. So much of the state of the world we live in defies belief and the most basic morality. I honestly believe that evil only exists in the hearts of individuals in our species, and those that run the show are of this category. Psychopaths driven by greed - they know exactly what they do, but there is such a thing as collective karma. There are far more fundamentally decent people in this world. Kind, caring, humane. You don't need to be a saint, just an ordinary decent person. That's the majority of humanity, and when this whole monstrous construct comes to a self fulfilling end, I honestly believe that a better phase will begin. It's going to be one hell of a ride, but we'll get there.

Hari Om

For sure, there are many genuinely good, caring, and humane people in the world. They may even constitute the majority - but sadly, due to a fatal flaw in our evolutionary structure, it's the evil ones who currently wield most of the power.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index