cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Feb 10, 2014, 12:22
Re: Penultimate Drdion?
Feb 10, 2014, 11:46
cHARLIE wrote:
Wiggy wrote:
I shall miss this. I enjoy reading what the man has to say (even when I don't agree or get it), I will really miss a lot of the folks on this forum although (apart from Yali/Charlie who I've kown for years) I've only met a few briefly, many here feel like mates I sometimes bump into and who always have something useful/interesting/funny to say.
It's been good for keeping up with Copes output - I've atually enjoyed a lot of his music over the last 10 years and it surprises me when folks dismiss all his recent stuff - ok, much of it has been lo-fi and cartoonish, but that has been part of its genius and charm in my opinion (and I've loved his folky/earthy stuff).
I'm wondering if he wants to get under the radar for a while ahead of the looming sh*t-storm that will hit when "Lives of The Prophets" finally appears. I'm guessing this forum could attract a lot religious fascists asserting their right to stop other people from holding a different view when that comes out?

I agree with all of what Wiggy said!

Hey Wiggy, hope you're well dude? Me? I'm stuck indoors chained to the computer finishing up book 2 and even dipping into book 3, while nursing my two lads who are spreading snot, coughing and wheezing lurgy germs everywhere. Drat.

No, I haven't had any sleep in the last 24 hours and my poor wife had to face work this morning on no sleep, while being bunged up with the lurgy herself. Double DrAT*

With regards to Mr Cope and his works - Personally I think he is a living *national treasure* and we are lucky to have this modern day Merlin walking among us! A psychedelic MoFo who walks his own path. I love all of his music. I love all of his books. I love him.
Are there any young Julian Copes out there? I doubt it!
Viva Julian Cope!

Heh - cheers Y'all.

P.S. I don't care if he has no hair under the hat. ;o)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index