Penultimate Drdion?

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tk421
121 posts

Re: Penultimate Drdion?
Feb 06, 2014, 13:10
Loved Cope for the last 24 years.

I love that he recommends new music all the time even if a lot of the stuff he recommends leaves me cold but then I love the enthusiasm with which he does everything.

I don’t know but I imagine that to discover, assimilate, fall in love with and then proselytise such an amount of new music on a monthly basis must be practically a full time job all by itself. How do you get the time to listen to so much and have a life?

Then add to that his consistent and regular output of his own music. Which, for my personal taste, has definitely taken an upturn in quality recently. Producing that must take up every spare second left over after the quest for new music.

Then add on to that the vast amount of writing and research that he publishes and I genuinely wonder where he gets the time.

Then add on to that the chore of writing a novel – a new departure but pretty time consuming I’m sure….

I’m sure he said a good while ago that once his children were up and out he would become less tied down. I guess the house move could be the first step on his new path.

I don’t know if this means no more music (I hope not) or just a more rootless life but either way I wish him well and say thanks for everything (except, obviously, cancelling the Belfast show...;)).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index