696 posts

Edited Feb 05, 2014, 08:56
Re: Penultimate Drdion?
Feb 05, 2014, 08:46
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Carlos wrote:
The site will continue, I supose.

I hope so!! Unless we also get 'dismantled'!

I am sure the shop will survive.

We might have to agree an "Affair To Remember" style virtual meeting place in case we get separated!

I found the latest Drudion a little ominous in tone when I first read it but thinking about it after a few days, I guess (as most have pointed out) Cope probably does have his work cut out with the house move and other potential future projets.
Thing is, the monthly reviews (which take up the greater portion of the address) are probably a fairly hefty exercise (given that he cancelled his AOTM to concentrate on this in the first place). For a start, we only get to read about the 3 or 4 albums he decided were good enough for a Drudion review. What we don't know is how many albums he had to sift through to get to that point.
Also bear in mind that his guidance notes in the Unsung section suggest he also prefers to listen to an album several times to fully subsume its vibe before reviewing.
If you add to the fact that it is likely that himself and Dorian will be moving to a much smaller house when they leave Yatesbury, I suppose that ending the Drudion is probably his way of subtly saying, "I don't have the time OR space for this right now so please stop sending me all those records every month - where'm I gonna put 'em all?".
I think Head Heritage (the site and release label) will continue as normal in most other respects.

EDIT - postscript;

Thinking about it, perhaps that's why the Quest list was initiated and the Twitter account (not that this has had much action recently) - in the sense that we'll probably get important updates re gigs and releases through these channels from now on.
I remember a time when the most we got in terms of essential updates was a postcard every few months.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index