37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 February 2013 CE
Feb 10, 2013, 13:27
Yes - Tormato
Just got hold of this, and what a pleasant surprise it is too! Thanks Moon Cat & Ian B :-) Also got Time And A Word on CD for the first time, and I'd forgotten how great it is in places - some bloody marvellous organ on it.

Black Sheep - Kiss My Sweet Apocalypse
Listened to this about once when I first got it and hated it, to be frank. Since seeing Gnod the other week and hearing them sampling the title track, I've returned to it and really enjoyed some of it, particularly that title track. Now possibly my favourite Holy track. I'm afraid Ernesto still doesn't do it for me though.

Anthroprophh - S/T
Marvellous.

Argent - Encore
Double vinyl. One of the purchases from the Farncombe Music Club record fair yesterday. Couldn't get this on CD, so pleased to find a copy. Also got Schools Out desk and Yessongs coz I've been wanting the covers (the records were scratched to bits)!

David Bowie - Stage
Also from the record fair. Made a mistake, coz I should have got David Live - I already have Stage on CD. Nonetheless to my surprise it somehow sounds better on the vinyl. Squidling the Elder reckons that is just nostalgia!

Ian Hunter - Original Album Classics
Great value threefer. Hadn't heard any of these before. Loving Mick Ronson's bits in particular.

Arboretum - Coming Out of the Fog
ATV - The Image Has Cracked
The Heads - Enten Eller
Mountains - Centralia

Brian Eno - Lux
My yoga teacher played this in our class yesterday, and it was pretty perfect for yogaring to. I'm still hammering Taking Tiger Mountain and Warm Jets as well. Also listened to Begegnungen (Eno/Moebius/Roedelius/Plank) a couple of times - gorgeous.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index