Unsung Forum »
Damned - worthwhile albums?

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Damned - worthwhile albums?
Dec 03, 2013, 10:23
I saw them on Sunday night (the 13th time I've seen them!!) and they were on good form. They played stuff from all their early albums - they even played a couple of Music For Pleasure. There were lots of old faves one might expect such as New Rose, Neat Neat Neat, Love Song, etc alongside some more unexpected delights like Feel The Pain and Silly Kids Games. I got a smile from the Captain when I asked for Dark Asteroid, the excellent 14 minute closing track off their last album! And any encore that includes I Feel Alright, Ballroom Blitz, Wot and Smash It Up is just fine with me. As my mate said, they don't half put a smile on your face!

The Ruts DC were good, too - alternating between their punky and reggae sounds they played as a four piece with a female vocalist joining the guitar/bass/drums line-up though Segs sang lead vocals on most of what I saw. It was great to hear the likes of Babylon's Burning live, albeit without Malcolm Owen and Paul Fox. I didn't see them from the start but I was pretty impressed what I did see.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index