Damned - worthwhile albums?

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Edited Dec 03, 2013, 09:36
Re: Damned - worthwhile albums?
Dec 03, 2013, 07:56
Well, as my earlier post on this thread says, it's been a while. Decades actually. I was a student in the town of Chesterfield, between '78 and '81 and, from there, would either travel up to Sheffield with my mates - or if back at my parents' place, travel with my home town chums and catch their tours, in Birmingham. On some occasions, I did both.

Great music, marvelous chaotic events, both in the audience and onstage. I even saw Capt. Sensible floor a hapless guitar tech for setting his amp up wrong, once!

The support acts were always worth arriving punctual for.

On several occasions The Ruts supported, introducing many of us to that reggae rock hybrid sound. Following the death of their singer, Malcolm Owen's bereaved mother was brought onstage to make a speech about heroin, before the newly renamed Ruts DC played. They've since lost another member, of course - guitarist Paul Fox - but, a new line-up have been invited along to join this 2013 tour.

Anyway... This Wednesday The Damned and The Ruts DC are actually playing at a venue in Chesterfield, itself! I'm far too busy to go, really. But, I bought my ticket, when it was first announced - so I'm blummin' well going!

Anyone else seen them on this tour?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index