Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 2 September 2012 CE

40 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Sep 03, 2012, 00:26
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 2 September 2012 CE
Sep 03, 2012, 00:22
Lots of krautrock, particularly that of a more elctronic (as opposed to rock) slant, seeing as I'm off to Berlin tomorrow. Particularly Tangerine Dream's "Analogue Space Years" compilation, Ash Ra Tempel's debut, plus "Schwingungen", "Cluster II", "Zuckerzeit", "Zowiesoso", "Muzik Von Harmonia" and that "Deutsche Electronishe Muzik" that came out a couple of years back.Guru Guru's "UFO" too, even though that is more rock-oriented than most of the others I've mentioned save Ash Ra Tempel.

Of recent releses it's mainly been Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti's "Mature Themes", "The Flaming Lips Plus Heady Fwends" (which is the most wiggy, experimental music they've made since "Zaireeka", and holds together surprisingly well as an album considering it's a disc full of one-off collaborations that originally came out as seperate downloads).

Then - of course - there's Glowpeople's Things and Solus 3's "Corner of the Dub". Due to a large backlog of recent purchases I've only had time to listen once each to those, but they both made an impression, and I'll get back to you both when I've had another week or so to assimilate them properly.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index