Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jun 10, 2012, 08:14
Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 10, 2012, 08:13
Lawrence wrote:
Yep, I've always hated ska. Can't imagine anything more boring or insipid. Not to mention Madness and Bad Manners are popular with nazis and crap...

You know you've picked the worst examples of Ska there yeah ? ;) Spookily enough I'm playing 'The Beat' 'I just can't stop it' CD at the mo.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 10, 2012, 10:49
'Twist And Crawl' - now that's a bassline! Especially the 12". Phwooaarrr...
fat_fleet
fat_fleet
146 posts

Jun 10, 2012, 11:54
espsummer wrote:
i agree with elvis costello and tom waits. I've also never gotten into the talking heads even though i don't hate them. Strangely i've always thought that people who like Tom Waits almost always like Elvis Costello, the Talking Heads and the Clash. There has to be some formula of relation there.

Yeah I also have to confess not much love for the Clash or Talking Heads, the only exception being the first half of Remain In Light.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jun 10, 2012, 18:03
I forgot to mention Musicals. Horrible. I would rather caramelise my scrotum.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Jun 10, 2012, 19:10
Going back to the roots. That's OK.... my critique was aimed at the pasteurized polish-american baby food that gets spoon fed to the fans here. Forgive me for sounding mean, but twenty minutes of the same beat and horn parts and song structure, over, and over, and over.... it's crazy-making.

There was a short-lived attempt to put a punk spin on polka music years ago... bands like 'Das Furlines' and 'Polkacide' were milking the novelty angle, for the fifteen minutes it was worth.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 04:41
How could I forget ? MUSICALS. I detest them. I'd rather caramelise my scrotum than sit through any of them.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 08:22
You really mean music you hate don't you?

Musice I can't get is avant-garde stuff and arrythmic stuff. My brain can't seem to process it. I don't hate them though, they don't bring out that strong an emotion in me.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 09:48
In my own head it was a slam-dunk!

I was toying with 'I Just Can't Get Enough' or '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction' etc etc..
keith a
9573 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 12:35
My head hurts!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2012, 16:34
Jun 11, 2012, 16:31
Toni Torino wrote:
You really mean music you hate don't you?

Musice I can't get is avant-garde stuff and arrythmic stuff. My brain can't seem to process it. I don't hate them though, they don't bring out that strong an emotion in me.

Likewise I can't 'hate' Coldplay for example. It's like hating cardboard or something - it's just there and I'm not worked up about it one way or the other. Fair play to people that like 'em. They've just done a couple of nights at the City stadium up the road. Granted, a lot of the people streaming past my pod looked a bit like they buy two albums a year but so what really? I expect most of 'em had a good time. Good luck to 'em!

Must confess - this thread seems less flower power and more sour power to me.
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index