Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Music You Just Can't GET
Jun 11, 2012, 16:42
Moon Cat wrote:
Toni Torino wrote:
You really mean music you hate don't you?

Musice I can't get is avant-garde stuff and arrythmic stuff. My brain can't seem to process it. I don't hate them though, they don't bring out that strong an emotion in me.

Likewise I can't 'hate' Coldplay for example. It's like hating cardboard or something - it's just there and I'm not worked up about it one way or the other. Fair play to people that like 'em. They've just done a couple of nights at the City stadium up the road. Granted, a lot of the people streaming past my pod looked a bit like they buy two albums a year but so what really? I expect most of 'em had a good time. Good luck to 'em!

there is something to be said for being in a big crowd of people enjoying themselves, should I ever win a Coldplay ticket in a competition I think I would go just to stand in the middle of a bunch of happy folk and bathe in their joy.
I'll bet the ratio of arseholes to nice people is probably considerably lower at a Coldplay gig than some I've been to, helped by the fact that I wouldn't be so worried if someone talked all the way through a Coldplay gig

btw have you seen Coldplay Wristband mystery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvD5X7m2WsM very Illuminatian
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 16:49
machineryelf wrote:

there is something to be said for being in a big crowd of people enjoying themselves, should I ever win a Coldplay ticket in a competition I think I would go just to stand in the middle of a bunch of happy folk and bathe in their joy.
I'll bet the ratio of arseholes to nice people is probably considerably lower at a Coldplay gig than some I've been to, helped by the fact that I wouldn't be so worried if someone talked all the way through a Coldplay gig

Well put and I agree with all of that.

The talking at gigs thing though - kin ell, that's just getting ridiculous. That IS something worth getting in a lather about.

mmmm.. lather.
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2012, 18:04
Jun 11, 2012, 18:04
Well, it's not sour power, just pub table style banter, as well you know - good humoured banter, but anyway, I shall not be posting again.I'm a free surfing forward thinking mofo, you see.

Such Is Life.

Om Shanti :-)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 18:47
Moon Cat wrote:
machineryelf wrote:

Well put and I agree with all of that.

The talking at gigs thing though - kin ell, that's just getting ridiculous. That IS something worth getting in a lather about.

mmmm.. lather.

mmmmm...Grace Slick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVstafKZDYY

never mind talking, what about camera phones at gigs , combining this with the SunnO))) thread, 1.why oh why if you're standing in a big fog bank would you want to film it 2. Your little camera microphone, 300 decibels of sub bass is possibly beyond the puny specifications of even the mightiest Nokia .....put the bugger away 3. actually carry on, your little camera screens light up the mist like the cold bowels of hell welcoming the winterwitch, result.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 19:45
Hear, hear. I've nearly come to blows on a few occasions with talkative twats, in recent years.

This thread isn't really about hating bands or genres, as far as I can see - it's just about not seeing what the appeal is.

Any road up; Lady Calamity has somehow blagged VIP passes for the Saturday of the Hyde Park Wireless Summer shindig. Now, I've gotta admit much of what's on offer leaves me cold. The rest are completely unknown. I'd have loved to have seen Santigold, but she's doing the Friday. Bugger. The Weeknd does appeal, though. Thanks mainly to Tonestone. But, that's the only thing really. Professor Green is an utter no-talent. Can anyone with more knowledge tell me who we should drag ourselves out of the liggers enclosure for?

http://www.wirelessfestival.co.uk/line-up/
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 19:49
Astralcat wrote:
Well, it's not sour power, just pub table style banter, as well you know - good humoured banter, but anyway, I shall not be posting again.I'm a free surfing forward thinking mofo, you see.

Such Is Life.

"Don't go Spider!"
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 22:32
"Vim...or Ajax...or whatever your pretend name is"...
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Jun 11, 2012, 22:55
Robot Emperor wrote:
"Vim...or Ajax...or whatever your pretend name is"...

Sorry, nothing to do with the rest of this thread. Just one of the rare times I get a telly reference. Love Bad News. The look Vim Fuego gives the camera while saying "Chicks huh!" has made it possible to forgive all of Ade Edmundson's other stuff since.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jun 12, 2012, 09:16
Astralcat wrote:
Well, it's not sour power, just pub table style banter, as well you know - good humoured banter,

Really? I thought it just was a chance for you to shoot fish in a barrel. I now know how much you despise Gary Barlow. That Michael Ball makes me want to embalm myself you know! :-)

Astralcat wrote:
but anyway, I shall not be posting again.

Oh lordy, why do flouncers always announce they're flouncing? See you soon no doubt. :-)

Astralcat wrote:
I'm a free surfing forward thinking mofo, you see.

Such Is Life.

Again, really? :-) I've always thought you were a person with one of the most reactionary
outlooks that posted on here :-)
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Jun 12, 2012, 11:02
Toni Torino wrote:
Astralcat wrote:
Well, it's not sour power, just pub table style banter, as well you know - good humoured banter,

Really? I thought it just was a chance for you to shoot fish in a barrel. I now know how much you despise Gary Barlow. That Michael Ball makes me want to embalm myself you know! :-)

Astralcat wrote:
but anyway, I shall not be posting again.

Oh lordy, why do flouncers always announce they're flouncing? See you soon no doubt. :-)

Astralcat wrote:
I'm a free surfing forward thinking mofo, you see.

Such Is Life.

Again, really? :-) I've always thought you were a person with one of the most reactionary
outlooks that posted on here :-)

Reactionary ??? I fail to see that. It's very hard to convey humour, and as for fish in a barrell, it's about having a laugh. There's only so many references to Scandinavian Death Metal that a fellow can take. I've been accussed of being po-faced, ha ha!..when there are so many other more worthy examples of po-facedness on this forum! :-)
Pages: 19 – [ Previous | 112 13 14 15 16 17 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index