Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Copedium: info?
Mar 21, 2012, 11:23
Kosmischeboy wrote:
necropolist wrote:

And, I suspect the superduper packaging etc here is more down to Faber than Mr C.

I figure that too, but surely Julian would have had some say in the matter?

I imagine he had to agree to turn up at the gig!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: for those without a spare kidney....
Mar 21, 2012, 13:54
singingringingtree wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:

And which band is that?

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/vibracathedral-orchestra-dabbling-with-gravity-and-who-you-are

he's using a full 15 min track ... seems like that's the gist of the comp CDs - if the tracks are long, then they stay that way

Ah yes, I remember that one. Good news that these will be available outside of the expensive version. Thanks.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 20:54
That looks fucking gorgeous!
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 21:04
Pursued By Trees wrote:
That looks fucking gorgeous!

I rest my case.... ;o)
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 21:08
... an event with Cope (open to only those with the box set) at London's Rough Trade East on 21 June.

Those attending will not be required to applaud ... however, should they wish to, they will be permitted to rattle their jewelery.
head-first
head-first
214 posts

Mar 21, 2012, 21:09
Here are some other authors who currently have signed first editions on Abe Books for around £200:

Seamus Heaney
Ted Hughes
William Golding
Iain Banks
Vachel Lindsey
Arthur Miller
Sebastian Faulks
William Burroughs
J G Ballard
Maragret Attwood
Allen Ginsberg

Much as I love him, if I had £200 to spend on a book it wouldn't go to Copey!

:o)
Brik
587 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2012, 23:44
Mar 21, 2012, 23:42
I'm a little brown-noser so I'll find a way to excuse him for anything. He's already been too good to me with his guitar and voice and words and things.
I'd like to think that as compromise for releasing something so bombastic they've inserted this limited edition clause. As much an oxymoron as it seems isn't there that 'vegetarian leather' stuff? Did Dr. Marten do that before? Y'never know. I never know, anyway.
Not the same at all but how many bands (ie. The Cure, The Banshees) have had to agree to castrated and endless Best Ofs in various 1 disc, 2 disc, 3 disc, 4!!! formats just to get the rarer B-sides box sets and live shows out there to the fans?
There's summat strange about this though, and I'll expect a note in the forthcoming Drudion. Unless this is the *ahem* Blue n White Album (which I quite like, of course) thing all over again. Innocent project being dominated by those in charge, Cope gets hacked off and says 'Do what you like, you've wrecked it'.

Who am I kidding, if I had £200 to spare I'd buy this and seed all over it quite happily, granted I wouldn't be able to afford travel and such for the gig but I'd have a bastard leather book! Maybe if I sold my Nintendo DS again, but I've done that 5 times already and I need my Legend of Zelda fix! I do!

Alas, I'll most probably settle for the standard version, and his standard versions have still always looked sexy regardless.

PS. The Modern Antiquarian/Megalithic European are quite elaborate affairs and all things considered their RRPs were cheap as chips considering what we got. What happened here then?

PPS. I know, I know. If Mr. Cope ever needs a footstool, I'd be all over that shit.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Re: 1 or 2 things
Mar 22, 2012, 06:00
You are absolutely correct on pt. #1, the Wire got it wrong: it *is* COPEDIUM.

I am seriously considering a major splurge on this: I haven't been to Europe in too many years, and I've never seen Julian. It's just money, right?? And I could meet some of you folks! I really wanna do this thing...
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2012, 11:28
Mar 22, 2012, 08:56
Pursued By Trees wrote:
... an event with Cope (open to only those with the box set) at London's Rough Trade East on 21 June.

Those attending will not be required to applaud ... however, should they wish to, they will be permitted to rattle their jewelery.

You can go see someone like say Anais Mitchell at RT West for free. Sometimes you need to book sometimes you don't. So basically this is Cope / Faber monetising something that people can attend and artists will play for nothing.

At least Laura Marling's deluxe box set came with a ticket for an actual gig at an actual venue (Union Chapel). The only added value in this is the rarity of a London Cope appearance. Stab vest optional presumably.
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Re: 1 or 2 things
Mar 22, 2012, 11:20
Glam Descendant wrote:
You are absolutely correct on pt. #1, the Wire got it wrong: it *is* COPEDIUM.

I am seriously considering a major splurge on this: I haven't been to Europe in too many years, and I've never seen Julian. It's just money, right?? And I could meet some of you folks! I really wanna do this thing...

Go for it. Enjoy it to the fullest.

When I read about the £200 book I got a bit of the 'Cope's sold out' thing, but I've mulled it over and looked at my own life and how I make money (been self employed for 25 years), and I'm quite happy to say good luck to Copey and good luck to everyone that buys the lovely book, and have a bingo time at the gig/event, and boo-hoo to the finger waggers.
Pages: 21 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index