Nov 13, 2011, 05:23
Squid Tempest wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
redfish365 wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
mingtp wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
I've just got a copy of the Bevis Frond after Ming's recommendation, and although I wasn't sure at first it is growing on me like a growy thing - I reckon this is going to be a long term favourite. Ace! Thanks Ming.

Phew. It really does pay off repeated listens imo. The melodies are fragile and melancholic but, omg, the songwriting is incredible - I'd struggle to pick a duff track from all 18 on the album.

Tiz a thing of vast and yearning beauty. I want to savour it before I start a-raiding their back catalogue. I love it when I find a marvellous band that I've missed out on, IYSWIM!

Yay!
My local bricks & mortar record shop had a copy in stock and I snatched it up!
It's just remarkable and I love it instantly! I've got several other Bevis Frond cds and consider myself a fan and this one may just be his best yet. Time will tell. I suspect after a few more spins including tomorrow (Friday) in my car for a long stretch it'll be added to my AOTY shortlist.

It really is rather good, isn't it?

Absolutely!
It opens with a lovely and super catchy one and really doesn't let up. It's definitely as good as anything I've heard from him (them) and may well be his best yet as I said. He's not lost a step and maybe has gained a thing or two with age. I love it!

Suzy Squid (name disguised to protect the innocent) has been humming Johnny Kwango all day.

I believe it!
It's another in a line of highly addictive Bevis Frond ditties like Termination Station Grey or Lights Are Changing that you can't help but hum for weeks on end.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index