61 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Nov 07, 2011, 18:49
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 6 November 2011 CE
Nov 07, 2011, 18:48
Really enjoyed the recent Creation Records documentary on BBC4 so that's been a bit of an influence this week, er, pretty obvious choices, mind...

MBV - Isn't Anything + associated EP's - probably in the minority but i prefer these to the much lauded Loveless.

PRIMAL SCREAM - Screamadelica / XTRMNTR

JAMC - Psychocandy / Honey's Dead ( expanded ) - Recent 2CD+DVD reissues at a tenner a pop. Pink Floyd take note !

THE TELESCOPES - Taste

Should also mention the excellent Neil Young overview doc shown the previous week, don't think i've ever seen an interview with Neil before, gotta say i found him very easy to warm to and not at all evasive as expected..

Otherwise...

SERGE GAINSBOURG - Histoire de Melody Nelson - only became aware of this classic a few years back, there's hardly a wasted note on it. Looking forward to the impending arrival of the expanded edition.

JANE WEAVER SEPTIEME SOEUR- The Watchbird Alluminate - Excellent companion piece to the original release.

BLACK ANGELS - Phosphene Dream - A cool cocktail of fuzz and reverb and the past and the now.

PSYCHIC ILLS - Hazed Dream - Methinks they've got a few S3 and BRMC records in their collections !

MASTER MUSICIANS OF BUKKAKE - Totem 1 / Totem 3 - like Squid, i've struggled with the name but must say the music really is worth hearing. Can't say they put me in mind of anyone else either and that's always a good thing

MAKE DO & MEND 6 - Belle & Sebastian

And quite a bit of stuff in the 'in' tray that i haven't found the time to listen to as yet, probably time for another buying moratorium then.

Have a great week everyone,

Mark x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index