bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2011, 07:26
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 August 2011 CE
Aug 17, 2011, 05:23
redfish365 wrote:

Ah, so much to say...
Me? I love those organ solos... takes all kinds I suppose.

I've not heard Rhinos, Winos and Lunatics but absolutely adore all the Man I've heard including their debut, Man, 2oz of Plastic..., Do You Like It Here Now... and Live at the Padget Rooms. I must explore later Man.

Moon Duo's Mazes is a little gem. You're right about hearing some Shjips in their but they do have their own identity also which I appreciate. Looking forward to seeing where they go next.

Regarding Tommy Bolin's Teaser you are spot on. I bought it expecting to be blown away but man, its bland and boring for the most part. Repeated spins for me have done it no favors.

[/quote]

Was really tired when i initially posted, hence the waffle !

Anyway, i do quite a lot of listening to music whilst driving, can't remember what track it was but i swear that lengthy organ solo was about 10 miles long ;-)

Don't mind a bit of sploogy ( Copyright Mooncat ) Mini Moog though.

The two Man LP's i'm must familiar with are Be Good To Yourself and the live Maximum Darkness. Be Good To Yourself gets all the praise but it's Maximum Darkness i keep coming back to time and time again. The two tracks on Side 2 ( Many Are Called But Few Get Up & Bananas )are about as good as it gets for me. I can't recommend it highly enough ( and you get a couple of bonus live cuts too on the recentish Esoteric re-release )

Yeah, really enjoying Mazes and as Squid said it's gotta cool summer vibe to it. And although it's recognisably cut from the same cloth as the Shjips i just think there's a bit more variation, and as a result, interest for me personally. Er, should admit that when it came on by chance in the car i did think the opening track was an unrecognised Spacemen 3 classic, doh.

As for Tommy Bolin, i'll have to check out Ian B's recommendations, he's so good on Spectrum that there's gotta be more out there in that style to float my boat.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index