IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 16, 2011, 09:51
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 14 August 2011 CE
Aug 16, 2011, 09:24
redfish365 wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
Perhaps I'm a bit bonkers, but I've always loved it through and through. Never found it disappointing at all. I love it as much as I love Fragile or CTTE or the Yes Album. If I found any of the "main series" disappointing, it was probably Relayer, but I've grown to love that as well now.

If you're bonkers Squid, so am I. I love Tales. I do feel less love for Going for the One...and Relayer.

I just find TFTO a bit under-played in the group sections though the quiet bits are as lovely as any quiet bits they ever recorded. Relayer is anything but under played. It's their Mahavishnu record. For that alone it is going to split the room of Yes fans down the middle though it is better than most people remember. I love Howe's brittle tone on that one. There is some fantastic unison playing and you can't always be sure what's guitar and what's bass and what's synth. It would have to be something v special to quell the doubts about Moraz just as GFTO only had to be ok to be considered a masterpiece because people were so glad to have Rick back. So some of Going For The One is deffo a bit half baked but Awaken is just fantastic. Next to "And You and I", my favourite piece of Yes music.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index