HH Contributors' Bands

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: HH Contributors' Bands
Jun 01, 2011, 11:45
KC - Crumbling Ghost are blimmin great. Heavy folky rocky thing. Check out some of the recent Soundtracks posts...
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 11:52
Kid Calamity wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/witheredhandrecords

Sounds good! Nice driving melodic stuff. A few flashes of rockin' dynamics in there, too.

With this event there are lots of things to try and set up and to fit in, now. For now, you'll have to be placed on a sort of subs bench - as this is has moved on somewhat. Should there not be space for you, I'm sure other events will follow (that is, if it's well attended and I still have the where-with-all - and any money left).

Put them on the Pyramid Stage.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 11:59
Toni Torino wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/witheredhandrecords

Sounds good! Nice driving melodic stuff. A few flashes of rockin' dynamics in there, too.

With this event there are lots of things to try and set up and to fit in, now. For now, you'll have to be placed on a sort of subs bench - as this is has moved on somewhat. Should there not be space for you, I'm sure other events will follow (that is, if it's well attended and I still have the where-with-all - and any money left).

Put them on the Pyramid Stage.

Sounds to me like you're needing two nights, consecutive preferably. Otherwise it'll be a nightmare getting everyone on and off in time. Either that or an all dayer or something. If I were you KC, I'd grab the chance of Crumbling Ghost, they're really good.

Don't know why I can't avoid getting involved despite my previously mentioned agraphobia, but this is all too good to resist!
keith a
9573 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 12:21
Er, I seem to be getting ignored here!
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 12:27
Squid Tempest wrote:
Don't know why I can't avoid getting involved despite my previously mentioned agraphobia, but this is all too good to resist!

We'll still need plenty of assistance with spreading the word and marketing it, though.

I'm getting lots of acts eager to contribute and promising major efforts to get up to Wolverhampton and do their stuff. More than is practical and than would allow for fair length sets. - But we really do need to see some evidence of folk wanting to be there to see it all.

I'll have a ticket agency handling online bookings and will distribute some among the acts to sell among their groupies and friends. I will stick a ticket link up once things start firming up more.

And, yes - there will be a groovy poster.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 12:33
Not at all, Keith. I'm seeing solo acts as being crucial to the flow of the night. You haven't been ignored, at all.

I don't really want to start saying things here, that I might have to back out of, once common sense and the practicalities of everything start taking shape. But, you and maybe the Vooge and perhaps K-Boy might be able to do sets in a different area, as change overs are happening on the other stage.

...or something.
keith a
9573 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 12:37
Kid Calamity wrote:
Not at all, Keith.

That's OK then. You know how sensitive singer-songwriters can be.

Even those with attitude!
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 12:40
You just concentrate on choosing the right shirt and perfecting those looks in your mirror.

...and telling a few people about it, okay?
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: Not the 9th
Jun 01, 2011, 13:08
Kid Calamity wrote:
Right. The venue is good for the 10th September!

I've just noticed, Molineux is only half a mile away. Let's hope they're not playing at home.
Sounder
Sounder
303 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 13:13
Hi - it's currently Dreyfus Band (prev blackstarcrash) but won't be offended if you've never heard of us!!

I'll post a link to our myspace with some tunes on it when i get in from work - think it comes up if you search for 'dreyfusband' on there.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index