HH Contributors' Bands

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2011, 11:08
HH Contributors' Bands
May 30, 2011, 16:31
I was exchanging texts with Meurgle yesterday, as both of us were returning home from gigs - and got to thinking how nice it would be for my lot to do a gig with Vision Thing. And then, this morning... lay awake, at stupid o'clock, I was struck by yet another of my silly ideas.

If I could get a venue in Wolverhampton* to put us on - with a choice of accompanying acts, who here would be interested in trekking out to this Black Country metropolis to do a set as part of a HH bill?

We'd all sell tickets between us, but wouldn't have to worry about out-of-towners needing to bring friends or sell as many tickets (or any of that bollocks that we've all been subjected to at the hands of crappy promoters at certain venues). We'd just do a straight split of any proceeds (after the venue/promoter have had theirs). If it's five acts - the cash is split five ways.

If I could coerce a pet promoter into such a half-witted idea, would any of you lot be up for it?

*We've been offered a gig whenever we want it at a decent sized venue, but have just had to back out of a June date, due to a clash with another gig.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited May 30, 2011, 17:10
Re: HH Contributors' Bands
May 30, 2011, 17:10
Are solo artists allowed as well? If so I might be up for it.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited May 30, 2011, 20:24
May 30, 2011, 17:19
Yeah. Why not? It's just an idea, at the moment, of course. And probably a silly one, but let's see how many takers we have - and then start looking into the practicalities - and I'll see what my promoter thinks.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited May 30, 2011, 17:53
May 30, 2011, 17:52
Quite possibly. For either the Dunes or S3 much would depend on whether it clashes with any TGU dates. Especially during festival season. That said we are currently looking for an out of London show for S3 on Friday September 9th or Saturday September 10th.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

May 30, 2011, 18:06
This is great, Ian. If Kid Calamity can't make it to see his favourite bands... he gets them to come to him! LOL!

Right. I need to start the ball rolling, by speaking to my man - and running these dates (and indeed the whole idea) by him.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

May 30, 2011, 18:08
Of course, those with any product or merchandising could ably suppliment travel / accommodation expenses by offering their wares. Maybe we could appeal for a relatively level headed... er, head to run a table on behalf of the performers?
stray
stray
2057 posts

May 30, 2011, 18:13
Unfortunately we 'The post natal yoyos' will prolly not be able to function live for quite some time, but we hope it all goes well.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

May 30, 2011, 18:19
I'm all for this, in fact was thinking of inviting Glow up to a charity do we're putting on in Southport (Friday 23rd September) but wasn't sure if you'd be up for travelling that far.

The Saturday Ian mentions looks OK for us at the moment though (bear in mind there are 6 of us, two of whom have other bands and one works shifts, so it's a rare date when we're all free!)

Keep me in the loop please KC!
keith a
9572 posts

May 30, 2011, 18:34
Popel Vooje wrote:
Are solo artists allowed as well? If so I might be up for it.

Ditto.
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

May 30, 2011, 19:14
Love this idea, The Untied Knot would be up for it depending on dates.
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index