HH Contributors' Bands

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Re: HH Contributors' Bands
May 31, 2011, 21:15
Squid if its any consolation i'm absolutely kacking it too cos we're playing a big festival in germany in 2 weeks. Last rehearsal was ok but not great so i'm angling for another! I just keep seeing myself onstage and pressing the wrong buttons and it all going tits up! I'm sure you will be ok, and the supernormal thing looks pretty relaxed. Hope u feel better soon.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2011, 08:25
It's the 10th!
May 31, 2011, 23:09
The Walkabout. It's a chain brand thing. Most towns have one, but the Wolverhampton one is in a great old building. I think it might have been a post office. The very excited promoter wants to give me a guided tour and is talking video projections and dry ice!

Milsey wrote:

...the venue is 300 capacity - its a top room with a nice spacious bar area - its designed to be a club and has mostly club lighting which to be fair is pretty good with a fair amount of psychedelic options - as well as lasers smoke machine and video projector

So we can probably quite easily create the right kind of atmosphere in there.

Drapes no problem - we can get in there as early as in the day to sort that out
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Re: Not the 9th
Jun 01, 2011, 08:25
Yeah, we've got one in Wigan. It's more chav-orientated there, though.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Re: It's the 10th!
Jun 01, 2011, 08:46
Kid Calamity wrote:
The Walkabout. It's a chain brand thing. Most towns have one, but the Wolverhampton one is in a great old building. I think it might have been a post office. The very excited promoter wants to give me a guided tour and is talking video projections and dry ice!

Looking on Googlemaps, there's a big ol' "County Court " sign above the "Walkabout" one.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2011, 09:03
Jun 01, 2011, 08:58
Ah, yes. That's it. That's what the building was! Very solid looking place. Thick walls, high ceilings.

The downstairs is a huge open plan bar - but the big room over the top is quite separate, really. At one end a raised bar area, that looks down onto a dance floor with the stage at the other end. The height of the place offers all sorts of possibilities for projections and drapes. It's a good venue - And in the hands of a promoter who's doing it for the thrill of sharing good music, this could be a good night.

I'll see you in court!
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 09:02
So's this really. But, I think they let independent events take over the usage of the upstairs area. They'd be happy to sell their beers to whoever's using it, I'd imagine. Even us.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: HH Contributors' Bands
Jun 01, 2011, 09:05
Cheers KB. For me it isn't the gig itself I'm worried about (perhaps I should be!), but the travel involved, and having to stay away from home and stuff. Traveling somewhere I'm not familiar with gives me the fear big time these days. It's a real pain.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2011, 09:05
Jun 01, 2011, 09:05
Toni Torino wrote:
Kid Calamity wrote:

Looking on Googlemaps, there's a big ol' "County Court " sign above the "Walkabout" one.

Is this going to be like those movies where a load of crims who have been reneging on court dates get invitations to turn up at some venue or another and collect a lottery prize or some such and then they all get arrested?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2011, 15:25
Jun 01, 2011, 09:09
Kid Calamity wrote:
Right. The venue is good for the 10th September!

Right. Well, if there's room on the bill I'd be happy to do a solo set. I've been working with a combination of sequenced electronic beats, keyboards an acoustic guitar, so if you have space for a spot of cyberdelic folktronica I'd be up for contributing.
Fashion Police
Fashion Police
15 posts

Jun 01, 2011, 09:14
please don't spoil our surprise. its not often we get all our main offenders together in the same building.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index