69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: If You Like The Blues
May 03, 2011, 16:48
Moon Cat wrote:
I like Hugh Laurie. Seems like a good sort. He's made an album his mum and some of his fans will probably like. Impact on my life - minimal. Can't see the harm myself.

Jeez, For a chakras-aligned-tye-dye-hippy-peacenlurve type dude you're a bit "AAAAAAAUUUGHHH!" underneath it all Mr S. Cat. Take two OM's and call me in the morning ;^)

The Blues has been around forever. It's as open to inpretation any other form of music that's been about a bit. If you wanna be a purist, just listen to the pure stuff. But you might recall that many bands you like used and bastardised (in a good way I might add) da blues. Why stay true-blue when there's a rainbow out there?

The original stuff is still there, still being made. And then others take forms and do summink else. Personally, I like new takes on old tricks sometimes.
If everything was forced to adhere to a solidly puritan vision of form: no Pentangle, no Zep, no Santana, no EST, no Mahavishnu, no prog, etc etc. In fact, most bands on the planet would disappear.

Wake up call 6am for you then, cheers Moony, and who said my fucking chakras were aligned ?! Not me. It's a work in slow progress. I'll bring the peppermints... or some Fisherman's Friends.

As always, Love and Peace through severely gritted teeth. Unlike the fucking roads down here in a cold snap, the bastards.

:-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index