If You Like The Blues

69 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited May 03, 2011, 16:37
Re: If You Like The Blues
May 03, 2011, 16:04
I like Hugh Laurie. Seems like a good sort. He's made an album his mum and some of his fans will probably like. Impact on my life - minimal. Can't see the harm myself.

Jeez, For a chakras-aligned-tye-dye-hippy-peacenlurve type dude you're a bit "AAAAAAAUUUGHHH!" underneath it all Mr S. Cat. Take two OM's and call me in the morning ;^)

The Blues has been around forever. It's as open to inpretation any other form of music that's been about a bit. If you wanna be a purist, just listen to the pure stuff. But you might recall that many bands you like used and bastardised (in a good way I might add) da blues. Why stay true-blue when there's a rainbow out there?

The original stuff is still there, still being made. And then others take forms and do summink else. Personally, I like new takes on old tricks sometimes.
If everything was forced to adhere to a solidly puritan vision of form: no Pentangle, no Zep, no Santana, no EST, no Mahavishnu, no prog, etc etc. In fact, most bands on the planet would disappear.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index