Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 3rd October 2010 CE

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 3rd October 2010 CE
Oct 03, 2010, 12:56
Just started using Spotify which is great fun. Those adverts won me over. Although it doesn't list everything (no joanna newsom or noah georgeson. That's pretty poor. Wanted to hear the Ys Street Band EP. No new 'No age' album either etc), i think it is a bit better than we7.

Been checking out the new Mark Ronson album, record collection - which was a bit of a disapointment (i really loved bang bang bang)

Was a bit underwhelmed by the new Deerhunter album too (Halcyon Digest) considering how much i liked their last 2 and even that Atlas Sound one. It's alright, just not essential.

Found it hard to get too excited by the new Neil Young album La Noise. Not bad, just too much competition from his back catalogue i guess.

Been going through the back catalogue of Jah Wobble too. Without judgement and Mu look worth getting (already got a few of them)

Elsewhere in my actual record collection it has been:

Underworld - 2nd toughest in the infants
The complete Upp recordings. Really enjoyed this (70's funk outfit with jeff beck on board to mainly produce)
The Verve - Forth. One or two good moments. Not their best album. Quite like Love is noise.
Tangerine Dream - Zeit
Trad Gras Och Steiner - @ miss peapods may10'.
And some other people beginning with T i expect.

Oh yeah, and a wolf people mix from the end of the road festival.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index