Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 3rd October 2010 CE

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1056 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 3rd October 2010 CE
Oct 03, 2010, 11:38
Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark - History Of Modern
(This sounded surprisingly good on first listen. The disappointing preview single is one of the weaker tracks, the potentially embarrassing sextronica track is actually pretty good, and there are plenty of tasty rips from Kraftwerk as well as their younger selves).

The Minders - Hooray For Tuesday
(Picked this randomly from my Elephant 6 shelves. Pretty good, but their singles collection has all their best stuff).

Fuck Buttons - Tarot Sport
Silvery - Railway Architecture
(Name dropping alert! Andy from Fuck Buttons and James from Silvery are both friends of mine, so it's great to see them both on their second albums and getting rave reviews).

Of Arrowe Hill - The Spring Heel Penny Dreadful
(Had this on my headphones when walking by the River Thames towards Kew Bridge. It immediately started raining, a case of the environment changing to suit the music. I was filled with the urge to start running when 'Coming Up On The Inside' kicked in, but this may be because I was passing The City Barge, the pub with a tiger in the cellar in the Beatles film Help!).

Elvis Presley - Elvis Is Back!
(Despite a handful of lame tracks, this was an impressive post-army comeback thanks to its bluesier moments, not least sensational closing track 'Reconsider Baby').

Also, the sad death of Tony Curtis has had me listening to the theme from The Persuaders on repeat. Never watched the TV show, but this theme is a prime example of John Barry's genius.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index