Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 28 August 2010 CE

59 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 28 August 2010 CE
Aug 31, 2010, 15:57
Fitter - not sure we've conversed before but my condolences are offered your way. Music is a funny old beast when it's a daily obsession and comes clattering into an ultra real life situation like a death in the family. I lost my brother last summer and couldn't relate to anything with song lyrics for a while as I read too much into them (not describing this well but pretty sure you know what I mean). Chucking on some Neil Young or stuff of that ilk had me blubbing and reaching for the stop button, even the good old Stones weren't of much use. The one salvation for a good while was the Sun Araw albums Beach Head and Heavy Deeds as they allowed me to drift away on head journeys with no link to everyday emotions. I actually sent him an email saying that and some other things too and he replied saying he was amazed that his music was helping me cope and what not. Anyways, things will be tough but I hope you ride over the nasty bumps with not too many bruises.

Back to the main event of listening pleasures:

PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
Sun Araw - On Patrol (that man again! and I really must get round to buying Magic Lantern 'Platoon')
Johnny Cash - Unchained
Fire In My Bones - Various, stunning 3 disc gospel compilation
Performance - Film Soundtrack
Talking Heads - More Songs....
Kris Kristofferson - Jesus Was A Capricorn

Sat and watched The Damned Utd last night. Wonderful stuff....apart from the horror show wigs that the Leeds players/actors were sporting!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index