45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2009, 16:13
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 09 August 2009 CE
Aug 09, 2009, 16:11
No prizes for predicting that Hatfield and the North's two 'proper' albums have dominated my listening this week, courtesy of their superb new remasterings on Esoteric - my separate posting refers. It's been great getting to know these nigh on perfect Canterbury treats again.

Other Esoteric gems to come my way were the two Graeme Edge Band's albums 'Kick Off Your Muddy Boots' and 'Paradise Ballroom' which I hadn't heard since the 70's. The former is especially fine and features, like its follow-up, great vocals from the soon-to-be-so-uncool Adrian Gurvitz. Finally, to take full advantage of the canny five at once discount from Cherry Red, I availed myself of S'tomu Yamashta's 'Go' which I'd not previously heard: a fine, varied album graced by the diverse talents of Steve Winwood, Michael Schrieve and Klaus Schulze.

I also listened to and enjoyed Magazine's 'Magic, Murder and the Weather', Joe Brown's highly entertaining 'More Of The Truth', Gong's classic 'Flying Teapot', Jan Garbarek's weird and wonderful 'Triptykon', Free's 'Heartbreaker' (which may just be my favourite of their albums now in its subdued and subtle power), Pilot's surprisingly decent 'Morin Heights' and the Gang Of Four's spiky diamond that is 'Entertainment'. Jeez, am I stuck in the 70's or what?

Have a great week, all.

Dave
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index