Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 09 August 2009 CE

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9570 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 09 August 2009 CE
Aug 10, 2009, 09:20
Squid Tempest wrote:

Played Run Run Run 3 times yesterday. Bestest slide guutar ever ever. Didn't half bring back the memories, it was one of the first singles I ever got.

Yeah, it's always good to hear Run Run Run!

Anyway, here's mine...

HEATHEN - David Bowie
I won’t have a word said against this latter day Bowie album!

JEHOVAHKILL – Julian Cope
Really enjoyed hearing Akhenaten, which isn’t one of tracks I’d immediately consider a favourite off this pretty much classic Cope set.

I GOT 5 ON IT – Luniz
CD single from the mis-90’s with lots of mixes on. Love it!

KRAM – Moebius
Forth coming album from Moebius. Sounds interesting on first play.

AERTIFAKTS (BC) – Plastikman
Less keen on the two predominantly percussive affairs, but otherwise damn fine.

BEAUTIFUL FUTURE - Primal Scream
Not a classic by any means but there’s some enjoyable tracks on this, though one track is such a rip-off of Back Off Boogaloo that I can’t believe that the solicitors of a certain R Starkey Esq have not been on the phone to Mr Bobbie G as I believe the little rock’n’roll outlaw likes to be called.

COUNTRY LIFE – Roxy Music
The consensus used to be that this was a bit of a poor relation to the albums that preceded it. Well, listening back after all this time I’m not sure that’s true. This sounds great to me – I must admit I enjoyed it more than one of its more illustrious predecessors (Stranded) which I played recently. The hilites mightn’t be as high, but this is a really consistent set with the closing Prairie Rose sounding especially fine. Also gave the later/softer Dance Away a spin – probably not everyones cup of te here, but I love it.

SONS & FASCINATION – Simple Minds
Blimey. There’s some good stuff on this. Great to hear this one again.

DISCO BALAEARICA MIXED BY AEROPLANE – V/A

I LOVE NY PUNK – V/A
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index