45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Aug 11, 2009, 13:49
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 09 August 2009 CE
Aug 09, 2009, 16:37
Hail! \m/

Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know. Possibly the most overtly doomy thing they've done. Heavy as fuck in parts and Iommi and Dio (67!!!) are on great form. "Atom & Evil" hahaha. If that fell from anyone elses gob it'd be beyond silly, but it fell from Ronnie James Dio's gob and he can make buying wallpaper sound METAL!!! and thus it is great.

Metallica - Death Magnetic. Like this a lot. Kind of falls between the Black Album and their earlier stuff sonically speaking. Verily it doth rock.

N.E.R.D - Seeing Sound. Good stuff; rock influenced rnb and occasional hip-hoppery.

Linton Kwesi Johnson - Forces of Victory. Picked up for £2! Weird thing is I heard this literally decades ago at a party and really liked it. I remembered it being by LKJ but had no idea what it was called. Then lo and behold I saw the album artwork the other day and it all came flooding back.
Excellent it be!

Fleet Foxes - S/T. still digging this Is the EP any good? Saw it for £4 the other day.

Drum n bass n dubstep comp from Mingtp. Excellent stuff dude, thank you! Really liked it!

Jane's Addiction - Strays. No it's not, it's mine. har har. Not up there with Ritual etc but better than I remembered. Some great tunes but slightly missing the artful weirdness. Need more drugs maybe? Wonder if thew new/orginal line up have plans to record?

Manic Street Preachers - Send Away the Tigers. Really like this album a lot!

Illuminati & King Dice - Espionage. Our own Lord Lucan & Dave Clarkson join forces to great effect in this electronica ambi-sploog melange! Nice.

Diagonal - s/t. I fuckin' love this neo progular beardy behemoth!

Plus a few old Mixmag/Wax comps of beats and pieces.

Have a nice week melody munchers! x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index